Monday, June 1, 2009

Our first camping trip!

We went camping at Lost Lake for our first camping trip. We camped on the river this time instead of the lake. There are fewer people camping on the river. As soon as we got our trailers parked and level the guys took off for wood. They used the Rhino, wagon, and of course Mike to get the wood.
Gavin LOVED being outdoors and being dirty. He didn't want held at all. He only ate a little dirt! :)

I had to include this picture. Emma is such an animal lover. She was loving Bailey so much and Bailey just sat there and let her do it.

Hannah and Megan LIVED on the four wheeler. They were two peas in a pod. We let Hannah drive once by herself ( I was on there with her of course) and she loved it.

This is my handsome boys riding in the Rhino. Gavin fell asleep almost the minute we left.

We stopped at another camp site that we might go to next time. It was a cool spot by the river. We had a small snowball fight while we were stopped.

We played in the water a little bit. It was still REALLY cold!!!! The kids were more daring and spend more time in the water than I did.

We bought Hannah a fishing pole before we left and she liked fishing. She caught on really fast.

And of course there was marshmellows. Jason always makes the fire really hot so we had to get pretty far away.

Marshmellow face! She asked for marshmellows the minute she woke up in the morning.

6 comments:

Scott and Carly said...

looks like fun, I wish we could have come:( Despite what people think I do enjoy camping...I just have to have a bathroom and somewhere to wash my hair. I literally can't go to the bathroom in the bushes, I don't know how...and I can't stand how my hair feels dirty. It's an OCD thing,I don't care how it looks but I want to crawl out of my skin when my hair is dirty:)Besides that I really do like camping, despite what everyone thinks:)

Unknown said...

Jaime--your kids are so cute! And lucky you--you have a boy and a girl! I've got two boys and will have to try again to get a girl next time I hope. Well, good to see what you and your family are up to.

Unknown said...

Jaime--your kids are so cute! And lucky you--you have a boy and a girl! I've got two boys and will have to try again to get a girl next time I hope. Well, good to see what you and your family are up to.

Unknown said...

Ha! Sorry, I posted it twice. I'm so tired, I guess it's time for bed.

Hi! I'm Jeni (Jen, Jennifer, or Mom) said...

I love to go camping! It looks like you had a lot of fun!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

How fun!! I'm so bummed we missed out. Jordan still hasn't been to Lost Valley and I miss the great smells, sounds, the trails, the lake, YOU GUYS! man.
I do miss the four wheelers too.dang. Let's go when we come to visit yea!? ha it'll be Christmas then :(
Sad cause too much snow means staying home and sledding. still fun but no lost valley. Sorry, rambling here. :)
I love the pictures and that gavin only ate a little dirt :D ha ha Love you james!