Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How much crazier can life get !?!

Just when you think life is totally crazy, it gets worse! On Saturday we took Mike to the St. Alphonsus ER because one of his pressure sore is getting really bad. ( He has 3 pressure sores right now.) The bad one is about the size of a tennis ball and is 7 cm deep. We made a bed in the back of my car and drove him down. That was the first time he has been in my car! :) We sat in the ER for 6 hours and talked to about 5 doctors/nurses/residents. The ER was nuts! There are some pretty weird people out there! At about 1:30 am they finally took us upstairs. Once upstairs they got Mike all situated and I filled out MORE paperwork. We were finally left alone around 2:30 am.
We were told we would see a surgeon on sunday but nothing happened. Because it was the weekend nobody could do anything. Mike did get a MRI done. The MRI showed that the bone has been infected, which is bad. It slows down the healing process. On Monday we were suppose to see the surgeon in the morning but again nothing happened. We started throwing a stink because we were suppose to see a surgeon or at least the wound nurse, and as soon as we did that we saw the wound nurse and they were calling the surgeon. The wound nurse said his sore is a class 4 ulcer which is the worst class. So as of now he has not seen a surgeon. But we know he will have to have surgery to clean out the wound and if the sore is too big he will have to go to Salt Lake City so a plastic surgeon can put a skin graph over the top of the wound. He will be in the hopsital and possibly a rehab center for at least a week and a half or longer, most likely it will be longer.
Michael is doing fine. He is bored and tired of bed but he is keeping his spirits up. At least he has family around. I wish I could have stayed. It was so hard leaving him there. I'm not sure if I will end up going back. It all depends on what happens.

I want to send out a huge thanks to all the ward members up here who are helping us and supporting us! Thank you to the "secret cleaners" who snuck through an open window and cleaned my house. Thank you to Becky, Lindsay, and Camille for being willing to help with the kids. I think Hannah is going to have fun playing with your kids. Thank you Frances and Amy for coordinating help for me, and thanks in advance to Mona who is bringing Lori and I dinner tonight. All of you make the burden a lot lighter for me! I have really hard time accepting help from others but I appreciate all the help!

4 comments:

Family of Fun said...

Yes, you stubborn girl! You do have a hard time excepting help, and there are SO MANY that are WILLING to give it. You know that we love you, and we (I, especially) KNOW that your plate is so full. You carry so many heavy burdens. I only hope that you will give them to the Lord and let the Relief Society give you just that (Relief) in your time of need. You are a strong woman, far stronger than you are given credit for sometimes. Allow those around you to help, serve, and bless your life. It is what brings ALL of us great joy! We love you. We pray for you and your family. You know that I am here to help you in whatever way I can. And... you are always welcome for dinner or whatever! You are in our thoughts and prayers, of course. Thanks for being you, and thanks for being a wonderful example to all of us of Christ-like service!

Brielle said...

Well I found your blog through Kellies and hope that is okay. Well I have to admit I am a bit teary eyed. let me tell you something, You are such an example to me and many others. You are very strong and selfless and I admire that. I am so sorry for all that is going on. I am so glad that you are letting everyone serve you. It is hard, I am the same way, I hate feeling like I am burdening others but really you are allowing those who help you to receive blessings. Your family is in our prayers. I would love to help so please let me know what I can do and if you don't I just might do something anyway.:) Add me to your list. My blog is idapete@blogspot.com

Hi! I'm Jeni (Jen, Jennifer, or Mom) said...

You and Mike are in our thoughts and prayers! Hope things start to look better soon.

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

I wish I could be closer to help!
And you'll never guess what Jordan brought up while we were talking about all of this!
Moving up there and helping you run the restaurant! Wouldn't that be crazy!
You should let me know as much information about it and how it runs as much as possible, it could might just bring us home!! :D
You guys have been in our prayers and hearts. Know that we love you and are thinking about you constantly!
You are a brave and strong woman Miss Jaime. I admire all you've been through and have done.